Foximusic License Agreement
This is a licensing agreement between Foximusic, LLC (hereafter “Foximusic“) and You (business entity, company, individual or other legal entity, etc., acting as itself or through a legal representative – hereafter, “Licensee” or “You“).
All Audio Files included in any purchase of (“Audio Files”) remain the property of Foximusic (“Licensor”) and are licensed to you as the original end-user, for use subject to the provisions below. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved exclusively by Licensor.
By purchasing a Basic License or Standard License or Extended license from Foximusic or from one of its authorized resellers, affiliates, or partners, You hereby agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of this Agreement (the “License Agreement“):
Audio File(s): a sound recording (including underlying musical works) available for license from Foximusic.
Music License: music license refers to the legally documented permission that allows the transfer of a music track for commercial or personal use.
Project or End Product: a media, audio/visual project to which Audio File is synchronized, including all its versions, multiple episodes, trailers, variations, updates, and/or re-releases that come under the same Project/title.
Territory: Worldwide, except where expressly limited to a single territory.
Basic License: a music license that permits personal use in YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok, limited for a single Licensee’s channel per platform. The license is suitable for creating videos or podcasts for personal use.
Standard License: a music license that permits use in multiple online platforms and social media sites. The license is suitable to freelancers or businesses creating commercial productions or digital advertising campaigns.
Extended License: a music license that permits use both online and beyond web-based platforms such as satellite, cable, and television broadcast, standalone products, apps & video games, audiobooks, etc.
2. Foximusic Non-Exclusive Music License
Foximusic grants Licensee the limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right and license (hereafter “License“), through Territory, in perpetuity, to use Audio File in an unlimited number of Licensee’s Projects (except where expressly limited to a single Project), in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
3. Allowed Uses; Basic, Standard, And Extended
Licensee may use Audio Files in the following types of Projects:
Basic License + Standard License + Extended License
- Online streaming on YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, Twitch, iTunes, etc.;
- Live streams, podcasts, websites and webpages background audio;
- Slideshows, multimedia presentations, educational material;
Standard License + Extended License
- Online marketing campaigns;
- Online advertising & commercials, tutorials, sponsored videos or podcasts;
- Streaming television and radio shows (programs, news, documentaries, talk shows, etc.); digital apps include Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Hulu, Showtime, Amazon Prime, etc.;
- Streamed Radio commercials & advertising;
- TV/Radio advertisements;
- Video/Film productions (indie and student projects);
- Applications & video games (computer and console);
- Educational material and audiobooks;
- Satellite broadcast television or radio shows (programs, news, documentaries, TV series, talk shows, etc.); (cable or satellite service)
- Satellite broadcast Radio commercials & advertising;
- Commercial theatrical releases;
- Film and theatrical festivals (student and professional);
- Any other commercial or non-commercial use, the purpose of which is to synchronize Audio File to a visual image, or to use Audio File as background audio to multimedia content.;
4. Limitations; Basic, Standard, and Extended licenses
Licensee may NOT:
- Transfer the rights, sublicense, sell, resell, present, lease, lend, distribute, share, make available for download, and/or transfer Audio File to any other individual or production company;
- A right to use the musical works is granted only to the Licensee and is NOT transferable.
- Create/produce new musical works based on Audio File (musical compositions, songs) or release and distribute them;
- Use/include Audio File in different types of music compilations, such as music compilation CDs/DVDs, music albums, where Audio Files are stand-alone elements/tracks;
- Redistribute Audio File as a part of different multimedia templates (e.g. website templates, video templates, e-card templates, slideshow templates, etc.) that are subsequently offered to multiple end-users;
- Redistribute Audio File as a part of commercially-produced and commercially-released on-hold systems that are subsequently offered/sold to multiple end-users;
- Use or redistribute Audio File as a part of a telephone or mobile phone ringtones.
- Use Audio File in a studio film production, or any project not listed above on ‘Allowed Uses’.
5. Editing Audio File
The licensee may edit, modify, alter Audio Files (crop, lengthen, shorten, fade, pitch, filter, loop, etc.) to fit the requirements of their Project. If such modification or alteration constitutes a derivative work (a work based upon Audio File), Licensee does not acquire any copyright ownership or equivalent rights in or to any of Audio File and Licensee shall use such derivative work only in accordance with this License.
6. Termination & Cancellation
In the case of a sale being reversed or canceled or of money being refunded to Licensee for any reason, all rights granted under this Agreement will immediately terminate. The licensee must stop its use of Audio File and destroy all copies of Audio Files.
7. Representations & Warranties
Foximusic represents and warrants that it has full authority to grant all the rights contemplated by the terms set in this Agreement and that it has obtained all necessary permissions from copyright owners or their legal representatives to grant such rights to the Licensee.
8. Limitation Of Liability
In no event shall Foximusic’s total aggregate liability to Licensee, or to any third-party claiming through Licensee, arising out of or in connection to Licensee’s use of or inability to use Audio File (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) exceed the monetary amount actually paid by Licensee to Foximusic for use of Audio File. Licensee’s sole remedy shall be a refund and the Licensee agrees that this License is granted to them without any further warranty or recourse.
Last Updated: June 14, 2022.